Hiring an executive—a daunting task for SME companies.
Hiring a sales executive—even harder.
In fact, the odds of getting it right are less than 50% and most don't last past 2 years. If you're in tech and early stage it's likely worse, where 70% of first sales leaders don't make it 12 months!
Why? Because most CEO’s and recruiters lack specific and current knowledge, thus:
- Can't create an accurate and detailed requirements for the role
- Miss developing an ideal candidate profile
- Unable to effectively select and predict candidates performance
- Don't support the hire with a high-odds go-to-market plan and modern tool stack
Missing the mark with a sales leader hire and onboarding is likely the most critical to a company's success. The loss of time, cost, revenue, momentum, and morale can kill or stall a company quickly. So Altus created SmartStart as a pseudo insurance policy to protect companies.
Altus partners have been focused exclusively on sales and sales leadership for 18 years and over 200 engagements. With a success rate over 90%, we created SmartStart to align with the company executives and recruiting team to fill these shortcomings to secure the ideal candidate and success onboarding and launch.
A classic SmartStart engagement includes:
- Requirements assessment based on our 21 High-Performance Revenue elements
- Detailed job description and ideal candidate profile based on the assessment
- Inclusion in the interview process and sales-specific interview training/outlines
- Final candidates analysis with skills and propriety personality assessment
- Augmented network of candidates
- Onboarding and launch support with a Market-Driven Baseline sprint co-developed with the new hire for a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy and plan, and
- Interim coverage of the sales leadership function and key roles during the process